Please keep in mind that chiropractic is not a replacement for traditional veterinary medicine but works extremely well with it. Often times, your veterinarian may suggest chiropractic as part of the remedy and in practical terms this may mean working in collaboration with the veterinary team.
Many people think that chiropractic care for animals is a novel, modern-day phenomenon.
However, the existence of animal chiropractic can be traced back to the early 1920s. Any animal with a nervous system and a spinal column with vertebral joints can benefit from chiropractic care.
Your animal may benefit from chiropractic care if:
- There has been a recent change in behavior, or a lower capability than previously seen.
- Their overall appearance, outline or symmetry has changed.
- There is a subtle difference in gait with no apparent lameness.
- There is an obscure or shifting lameness, or abnormal posture.
- The horse displays discomfort when being saddled or being ridden.
- The animal shows stiffness or decreased mobility.
Most animals will accept a chiropractic adjustment quite readily and many seem to really enjoy it. The intent of chiropractic is to achieve and maintain optimal movement of all joints.
Animal Chiropractic treatments are effective in:
- Supporting the health and integrity of the spine through chiropractic is an excellent way to affect and improve the performance of the nervous system, as well as overall health.
- Restoring normal motion to the spinal joints and improving the function of the nervous system may help an animal in one or more of the following ways:
- Return to full function.
- Relief of pain.
- Promote full and more rapid healing.
- Prevent the development of degeneration.
- Reduce the likelihood, severity and frequency of recurrences.
Make an appointment today
Signs to look out for with your horse. It is very important to …